Friday, November 25, 2011

6 months!

I can't belieieve our little miracle is 6 months old already. I know I've probably say that every time I mention his age on here, but I just can't get my head around how quickly time goes by.

He got his first tooth last friday and, there may be another one on the way already, cause he's still chewing like mad on anything and everything that he can get a hold of.

I meant to post about that earlier, but there's just been so much bad news lately, that I haven't had time to write about the good and beautiful part of life. Now this will be a post where all bad news are banned.

He had his 6-month-check-up 2 days ago, and he is now 67 cm tall and weighs 8370 g. The doctor said that it's remarcable to see how he's now big for his age, when he started out as such a little baby.

He's been able to roll over for a while now and, he keeps trying to crawl. He can move, but it's more of a slither than a crawl so far.

>
It's a bit risky to change his dyper these days, so it might help to get that mobile we got for him hung up over the changing table now finally.

He is also ahead of himself when it comes to balance and strength. He can stand up and jump up and down for a long time and, he's even trying to take little steps. He needs support of course, it'll be a while before I'll even consider trying to let him go, but it definitely looks like he's gonna be able to stand up just by holding on to something here shortly, so it's time to lower the bottom of the crib now.

I've started to put him in the walker that Michelle got for him. Considering how steady he is, I could probably have done it earlier, but it says to wait until they're 6 months to make sure that their backs are ready and, I'll rather be safe than sorry.

He really likes it and, he can get it to move, though he doesn't really have control over what direction he's going yet.

I'll have to remember not to let him be in there too much though, or he will be like Alex and, refuse to crawl just because it's easier to be in the walker.

We talked about that after the baby massage last time as well, that walkers are the most common reason for babies not learning to crawl, so it's best to keep that in mind and dedicate a while for tummy time every day to help the little one get comfortable on his or her belly.

The baby massage is great. Joshua really enjoys it and, seems to be relaxed for hours afterwards. It's a great way to calm him down before bed time and, I hope that it'll help him to sleep better at night in the long run.

We talked about sleep as well last time and, it seems I'm the only parent who has to get up every other hour. It's time to try to do something about that soon.

It's just a bad habit of his and, I should try to teach him that he doesn't need to eat at night. I know that it's just cause I don't want to listen to him cry when I deny him the comfort of the nipple, but I still hope that it'll correct itself with time...

We've been to 2 sessions of baby massage now and, so far we've gone over legs and stomach massage. We have 3 times left and, she gives us a paper with the movements described after each session, so I plan to post them all on here when I have enough for a complete body massage.

We always sit around and talk afterwards and, this could be an opportunity to get to know some other parents with babies the same age as our little miracle.




No comments: