Friday, November 11, 2011

Brave Little baby Alexander

It is with a heavy heart and, flowing tears that I write this post.
Sweet little baby Alexander, who has been a symbol of hope and strength every day of his short life, ever since he was born 6 months ago, left the struggles of this world on the 8th of November..

. He won countless battles against death there in the NICU and, I was so hoping that he would be able to beat the ods and, make it home to his parents loving arms. I have been thinking of him every day since I first came across his story.

Life is so unfair and, it should never have happened. No babies should be born into this world destined to struggle every second of their life, simpley for the right to live and breathe...

No mother's should have to watch their baby die, praying for a miracle, that never happens...

No mother should have to leave the hospital with empty arms, forever aching to give her baby all the love, protection and, safety that should be the birth right of all children...

It just shouldn't happen...But it does... And it breaks my heart every time...

I cry for babies i'll never have the privilige to meet and, for the aching emptyness that their mothers have to face.
It is a darkness I know well. For I have walked that road for over 11 years now.

I wish there was something I could say or do for little Alexander's poor mother and, for all the mothers out there who have and, will be forced to suffer through the loss of a baby, but there isn't... Except maybe that time helps. It doesn't heal...But it helps to eas the pain a little...

I'm so, so sorry little Alexander. Life should have had more to offer you, but your mom is right all the way.. You have touched many lives and, you will continue to do so, as people read your story and, learn what a brave little warrior you were.

Alexander Merlin: November 9, 2011: It is with great sorrow that I sit here and write this entry. Yesterday, Alexander began a new journey.  Last week, the doctors informed us ...

No comments: