We got pumpkin pie filling too, so I'll finally be able to make a real pumpkin pie. Though we recently found out that there's an american store in Malmö where we'll be able to get that in the future.
We didn't just get food of course. Believe it or not, but B's dad got him a giftcard at Amazon for his birthday and, said to include something for his grandson too.
We didn't think they'd get him anything. We're not exactly best pals and, He's 5 months old now after all and, we haven't heard anything since that first email where he asked if there was anything we needed, so the $ 100 came as a bit of a surprise.
B of course ended up spending it all on little Peeper, so we've got tons of new toys now.
Here's a list of what he got him:
- 1 "Kids Preferred Disney Plush, Winnie The Pooh"
He loves this one, he hugged it close as soon as he got it and he just wouldn't let it go. I've never seen him so crazy about any of his stuffed animals before. Sooo cute it rung my heart. - 1 "Baby Einstein Press and Play Pal Toy, Panda"
He loves to chew on this one, but I fear that it won't stand that treatment for long, cause the music starts going off at random when it gets wet. - 1 "Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes"
This one is great. It plays 6 different tunes and, it's got little lights that blinks along with the music., He can't take his eyes off of it. - 1 "Philips AVENT Range BPA-Free Front Teeth Teether, Animal"
I hope that he will make good use of this one. That is to say that I hope he will prefer it to my hands, which at the moment are his favorite things to chew on. - 1 "Fisher Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile"
I love this one! It's super cute and the music it plays is very soft. I hope that it'll make it a little bit easier to persuade Joshua to sleep in his crib by and by.
Kalissa got Joshua some cute clothes too and, a book that plays children's songs and rymes and, shows the lyrics too - It's pretty cool.
I just wish I knew more of the songs in English, cause the way it works is that it'll sing half the song and, then the music will go on so that who ever's reading it can sing the second part.
It's no problem though, I'll just look up the ones I don't know on google, so that I can sing them all to him.
It'll be good for him to know some of the children's songs in English as well and, B doesn't know that many.
all in all I wish we could do this more often...
Not the gift part, though that is nice too of course, but everything is so much cheeper over there and, we would save money every time, in spite of Amazon not shipping to Sweden.
It's a little bit complicated however, since we had to ship the stuff to B's dad's house, as that is the address he's got registered with Amazon. If he changes it, it won't match the address on his creditcard, so they probably won't let him purchase anything. Come to think of it, it doesn't match it anyway, cause he's got our Swedish address registered with the bank...hmm...
Anyway, we couldn't just send the package to Kalissa's house, which would have been the easiest thing to do,so she had to go pick it up before she could mail it to us. Good thing they all live in the same city...
We thought it'd be a lot, but it wasn't too bad. Just $ 80, which we didn't have to pay anyway, since b's dad said that he would have included shipping had he known, so he fit the bill.
Seems like he's willing to bury the hatchet... Ah well, we'll see what happens in the future
No comments:
Post a Comment