Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family get together, strep throat and penicillin

Little Peeper dodged the strep throat, I however, did not and, Alex's penicillin didn't do him a damn bit of good, cause he's sick again as well. I haven't been this sick in years.

I should have seen it coming, Especially when I started crying just because Benji left without saying goodbye the morning after he got here. He was pissed cause he got cheated out of a job, so when we came back after the regular check-up for little Peeper, he was gone. It would have made me sad when ever, but it wouldn't have made me cry.

This little miracle of ours was up to 4175 g though, and 52 cm tall, so what ever that cold has done to him it's not keeping him from gaining weight and, that's definitely something to be grateful for.

Chrissie was disappointed that Benji was gone as well. He didn't call her or anything, even though they had plans. Still, it was nice to have everybody over, but I think we're gonna have to give it another try soon. Little peeper did not apriciate the company, so he cried and cried and, I was too tired to be very sociable. I was mostly just walking around like a zombi.

I hope I didn't pass this strep throat on to Chrissie and her fiance, It's the last thing they need on their vacation.
It's some bad bacteria too. My CRP was all the way up to 150, so they gave me some stronger form of penicillin, which has caused terible stomach pains for our little miracle. He's crying for hours on end and, it makes me wanna cry too. He's really hurting. I'd take the pain instead if I could. My only hope is that it puts an end to those germs, as effectively as it has put an end to what ever sleep we were able to get before this started.

I'm even considering giving him formula instead of my milk, but I don't want it to come to that. I want to breastfeed until he's 6 months at least. It is after all the healthiest alternative and, the only way to keep him protected against infections.

I worry about him enough as it is and we can do without RS-virus, pneumonia and earinfections, which is something that Alex had to live through during his first 6 months. Did you know that breastfeeding gives protection against all these things and more? I know I didn't. I've always said that I wouldn't breastfeed for more than 3 months, but with all this information I've found about how good it is, I'm even considering doing it for at least the first year.

i wish he'd get to where he didn't want to eat every other hour though and, I wish this colich thing he's got would just go away. I'm so terribly terreibly tired.

No comments: