Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tempting Provedence

Last time Michelle was here, she brought a lot of clothes which Elias had outgrown again and, all the ones she brought us the time before were too small for Peeper already, so the timing couldn't have been better.

It's really saving us a lot of money, so I'm very grateful that Peeps has a cousin who is just one month older and, of course that I have a generous sister, who wants to give away his old clothes.

She knows of course that it works both ways though, something that's easily proven by the fact that some of the stuff she gave us was Alex's once upon a time 14 years ago... Some of it can even be traced all the way back to my youngest brother, Benji, and my niece, Nathalie, which means that it's at least 20 years old and, it still looks nice. Now that's what I call quality.

Michelle says she's not going to have any more children, so she's giving all the baby clothes away now, but she makes sure to save all the things that may have been Alex's for me.

I really appreciate that. it's nice to be able to put some of those clothes on little Peeper. I gave everything to my older sister's baby 10 years ago, since little Andreas wasn't going to be able to wear any of it anyway. They would have been... Should have been... The same age. Should even have been born the same week...

Sometimes I feel Like history is repeating itself and, giving us a different outcome. Almost like it's trying to make up for the past.
10 years after those weeks of agony and, the ever present void that followed, when just one of the cousins was allowed to stay with us, two little cousins are both safely brought into this world. Two little boys the same age who can become perfect little hellions and drive their parents mad together... Or make us happy beyond words...Two live and healthy babies. Two, this time... Not just one... Noone left with empty arms and a broken heart... Two... Finally bringing some healing...

Though I can't help but feel that I'm tempting fate just writing that down. Yeh, even just thinking it...

No comments: