Yep, on the 9th me and B had 3 years together and, today Alex turns 14. I can't believe that. I know all parents say this, but time goes by so quickly. I wish I had a slow-down-button sometimes. But on the other hand I've often wished for a fast-forward-button as well and, time never behaves the way I want it to anyway.
In some ways it's convenient to have such a big kid around though and, even if much can be said about is attitude lately, his the sweetest of the sweetest when it comes to his brother. He is so very responsable and thoughtful that it's actually impressive. He even watched him for us on our anniversary, so that we could go out to dinner.
We only went to the Thai place up here, so that we could be home in a matter of minutes just in case, but Peeper fell asleep almost right after we left and sllept his way through the whole thing. I did good too, I only called to check on them once...
It was very unpretentious, but it was nice to dress up a little bit without having Peeper spit up on my dress right away and, to actually sit down and have a hot meal together without any interuptions for once.
We rarely eat together anymore, cause someone's always got to be with little Peeper. He never wants to be in the straller or the baby gym or anywhere but in somebody's arms around dinner time. Hopefully that'll get better when I get him the bumbo though. I'll just put it on the table, so that he can be right there with us when we eat. But he's gotta get a little bit better at holding up his head without support first.
It was the first time that we have been alone since our little rainbow was born and, it was nice to be able to sit around and talk and hold hands across the dinner table again. There's not much time for such things now. Though I think that is a lot harder on B than it is on me. I'm content with focusing on our little miracle for now, but I still feel like a lot of the tension that has been building up between us lately was erased by just spending that hour or so alone. That's all the time away from little Peeper I could deal with however... I had missed him so when we got home...
I hope Alex's birthday was what he wanted it to be. I ended up getting him the scateboard he wantded anyway. He might not use it much, but it seemed to make him happy, at least for the time being.
I regret that I couldn't come with to the bowling. It's way to loud over there to have a little baby around. Not like I do anything but sit around over there anyway, but I can at least cheer him on. It seemed like him and B had an alright time over there though and, he didn't seem to mind that I couldn't come with. He's old enough to understand why, but I don't want him to feel neglected because of little Peeps. Though thus far he's never given me any reason to believe that he feels that way, so it's just my own feeling of not being good enough.
I made him the taco pie that he wanted and he helped me make his birthdaycake. After that we watched a movie together while eating our master peace. He picked the movie of course. He's really got a thing for "Forest Gump" now. It's the third time we watchit I think. at least it wasn't family guy...
Before he went to bed, Alex gave me a big hug, told me that he loves me and, that I'm the best mom anyone could have. Though it may not be true, it makes me happy to see that my 14-year-old still can say such things without feeling that he's not cool enough. .
Happy birthday, you Pride of my heart!
The day I held my little rainbow baby in my arms for the first time, was the happiest day of my life, with the day my first son was born as a close second. I love them equally, but this time, I knew what it meant to be left with empty arms. It has made all the difference. At 7 months my little miracle was diagnosed with bilateral Retinoblastoma, a rare form of eye cancer, which can spread to the: brain, lugns and bones. This is our jurney through happiness, devastation,love and hope.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
a Birthday and an anniversary, all in one weekened
Labels:
Anniversaries,
Our little family,
reflections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment