There have for a long time now, been days when I wonder if my sister's statement that: "becoming a teenager means turning into a big baby, but without the cute stuff to compensate for the excessive eating, sleeping and screaming." isn't all true. But now I must say that I've
been wondering for about 2 weeks; he's impossible!!!
He wants to quit the swimming practice, he wants to quit his job and, his homework doesn't get done without endless nagging on my part. He brings it home at the last minute, if he brings it home at all.
The worst example yet, is when he came home with 8 pages of math, and only 2 days to get them done, even though the teacher had given them plenty of time to finish the chapter.
He openly admitted that he had chosen not to say anything, cause he didn't want to do any homework during the weekend. I tried to help him in spite of that, but his attitude was attrocious. He kept accusing me of getting mad at him for no reason and, told me that the ones who ended up in his class were there for a reason, which was that they didn't understand math, so I could quit getting mad at him for not being a mathematical genious...
I have never gotten mad at him for that. But I get mad when he refuses to try and, this last statement was just so way over the top it passed the rooftops of the skyscrapers.
On top of that, we of course had an endless discussion about how he would have to start earlier unless he wanted to fail that class, but then just a few days later, he came home and had only 2 days to finish an article for swedish, which demanded a lot of research and, he hadn't even started yet...
After that he brought the wonderful news of an English test, including 4 chapters, that he had not known anything about until there was just one day to go. Oh yeah...Very likely...
Somewhere in the middle of that there was also a physics test...
The worst part, is that he's lying about it all the time, telling me that he doesn't have any homework at all.
I hate being lied to! Yes, I positively hate it! Especially when there's no reason for it other than that he's lazy and doesn't want to do the work.
I'm not having him fail his classes because of lazyness. If his grades go down the drain now, he'll have to spend the next 3 semesters trying to repare the damage and, he still might not be able to get into the program of his choice when it's time for the gymnasie, which is our equivalent of highschool.
I'm not having it! I'm just not having it...
No comments:
Post a Comment