Thursday, February 23, 2012

Here we go again

Little peeper's nutriphil count is at 0,3 again, which means that I'm more or less just waiting for the moment when we'll have to take him to the hospital for neutropenia again.

Thus far he's not doing to bad however.

He's got a bit of a cold and, he's had a pretty bad cough ever since he received the chemo treatment, but he doesn't have a fever and, he's stil active and, all in all a happy little baby.

It's been 14 days now since the treatment, so hopefully he's blood count will start to come back up in a couple of days. 10 to 14 days after the chemo is usually when the neutrophils are at their lowes point, so I'm hoping that 0,3 will turn out to be the turning point.

I'll be surprised if he can stay out of the hospital after today though...

It's really irritating to me that he was expected to be low this time, but they still wouldn't let us use the transportation service to bring him to his appointment. The weather was pretty bad, so we couldn't walk to the hospital, which meant that we again, had to take the bus with him...And people were sneezing and coughing everywhere...

Not that the transportation service has proved to be any help thus far, but it's the principal of it all.

They ordered a cab for us to go home from the hospital however and, it was almost as chaotic as last time, so on second thought it was probably a blessing in disguise that we didn't have to deal with them on the way over there as well.

The driver showed up 30 minutes late and, he didn't know how to put the car seat in correctly; am I the only one who can see a trend here?

. I'm grateful that I was putting peeper in there myself or, there might have been a disaster to deal with. I'm seriously beginning to think that all the people they're hiring over there have "idiot written" all over their CV.

This one didn't just bail on us though, I'll give him that, but we had to stand around outdores for another 30 minutes and wait for them to sen over somebody who could show him how it was suppose to be done and, it was almost storming out there.

I don't understannd why the idiot couldn't just let us wait in the car or show me how to get back in the hospital. He just told me that it wouldn't be that long until help showed up and, after that I don't know where he went. More over, since he had taken my cane when I was gonna put peeper in the car seat I couldn't exactly just start walking.

I would have if I didn't have Peeper to carry, but I couldn't risk tripping over something when I had him in my arms.

The driver had of course also moved the stroller, so I couldn't even put Peeper in the sleepingbag to get him out of the cold and the wind as much as possible. I found it after a while, but poor little peeper was already cold as ice. If he was at a high risk of infection before we went in, he's definitely bound to come down with something now.

The last thing he needs is to get sick again. He celebrated 8 months in the hospital and it'd be nice if he could be allowed to turn 9 months in our home.

No comments: