It feels like all we've been doing this past week is to go back and forth between our home and the hospital, but at least peepers trombosites are coming back up so the emediat need for a blood transfusion is if not gone, at least postponed.
His white blood cell count has gone up a little bit as well, to 4,0, but his neutrophils are still at 0,2, which means that he still has close to no protection against infections.
His red blood cell count is stable between 85 and 90, 85 at the low and 89 at the high, so he's staying clear of the 80-mark.
We've actually had a good experience with the transportation for the first time. The hospital has been raising hell over there because of how the drivers have been acting, so now they're actually sending someone who knows what's going on. It may of course also be because we haven't been using the transportation service much, that remains to be seen.
The weather has been quite warm, so We've been getting a couple of nice walks in. I'd take that over the cab-ride every day. There hasn't been that many chances to get excersise while dealing with little Peeper's cancer treatments, which has been difficult for me, since working out regularly has been an important part of my life for a long time.
Losing the ability to work out is of course an insignificant thing if I look at it from the perspective of what little peeper has to go through, but after being a player on the national showdown team for several years, working out was almost part of my identity.
It's been almost 2 years now since I was able to play, since first the bed rest wile expecting our little miracle and, then just the daily life of being a parent of a wonderful little rainbow baby got in the way, but I was just preparing to start practising for the EC this summer when our lives were put on hold because of the cancer.
It'll have to wait of course and, all I really care about is for Peeper to get well, but I still value every opportunity to go for a nice, long walk. If this spring weather is here to stay, there should be several chances coming up, even if it's just taking our little one for walks back and forth to the hospital.
Nice weather always helps and, though it has been grey ou there for the most part, at least the blistering cold is gone for now and, there's been a few splashes of sunshine here and there, so I'm hopeful. We need every opportunity to raise our d-vitamin levels in this part of the world anyway, but it's even more important now when there's been so much to pull us down. d-vitamin helps to elevate one's mood and, fight depression and, God knows that every little contribution when it comes to that is much needed and appreciated.
More over, all that fresh air is good for all of us and, going back and forth is definitely preferable to being stuck in a room at the infection ward.
Peeper will be 10 months here in just a few days and, I hope we can stay out of the hospital this time. Perhaps we'll have a bit of an early birthday celebration if we do. When one is all-in with cancer, there's reason to celebrate the little things in life...such as a double up of trombosites, or turning 10 months in one's home, when one turned 8...And 9...In the hospital.
The day I held my little rainbow baby in my arms for the first time, was the happiest day of my life, with the day my first son was born as a close second. I love them equally, but this time, I knew what it meant to be left with empty arms. It has made all the difference. At 7 months my little miracle was diagnosed with bilateral Retinoblastoma, a rare form of eye cancer, which can spread to the: brain, lugns and bones. This is our jurney through happiness, devastation,love and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment