All Peeper's blood work came back attrociously low today and, we know from experience that he hasn't hit rock bottom yet, so it's a bit worrisome. After some deliberation they decided to wait until tomorrow before giving him a blood transfusion. Mostly, I think, because they had to get blood from another hospital and, it wasn't enough of an emergancy to worent an emediat order.
Hemoglobine at 85, trombosytes at 29, white blood cell count at 2,7 and, Neutrophils at 0,2.
There planning on giving him a transfusion of trombosites tomorrow, but he may need a regular blood transfusion instead, it depends on what his blood work shows tomorrow.
All I can do is hope that cooking nutritious food for him, high in c-vitamin and iron will somewhat help his red blood cell count. At least that makes me feel like I'm doing something to help him.
We do skin on skin time as well, that is always good for the immune system. He's getting to be too big for sleepin on me now though, but he still likes it and, mommy does too, so I just let him fall asleep like that and then lay him down beside me when he seems to be deeply asleep.
Getting him to sleep has become a problem lately. I guess it always has been, but he doesn't just wake up because he's hungry anymore. He's also having a lot of nightmares and he wakes up screaming several times every night.
Separation anxiety perhaps. He's at the right age for that, but at the same time It's not like the last couple of months haven't given him reason to dream bad dreams.
With his blood work being as low as it is, we of course also had another round with the transportation service.
Some day in the future I'll come back and read this and, wonder if it's really true.
The guy today showed up on time, I'll give him that, but it was down hill from there.
Knowing how they have behaved before, the nurse made sure that the driver would come pick us up at the ward this time, so that Peeper wouldn't have to wait around in the reception area in case they were late again.
She also made sure to ask him about the car seat.
He had one, and yes, he knew how to fasten it in the car. But no, he did not know how to adjust the belt in the car seat itself, to make sure that a baby was safely buckled in.
Upon learning this, she asked if he wanted her to come with to help him out, but he just snapped that he'd solve the situation with the help of the parents.
She then told him that it was their car seat, and since both parents are legally blind they could not be expected to figure out how a car seat that belongs to the transportation service works.
He then again snapped that he'd solve the situation and opened the door to the hall with the elevators.
As soon as the door had closed behind us, he tried to snatch the stroller from me. He didn't ask me if I wanted help or anything. He just tried to literally rip the handle out of my hands.
I held on to it and told him that i would manage without help thank you.
In spite of the indicator above the elevator door showing wich way the thing would go; up, or down...He had us get on the wrong elevator, and we went all the way up to the top floor before we finally could go back down to the main entrence.
Normally I wouldn't care about that. Everybody makes mistakes, but he was swearing under his breath the whole time and, more or less behaving as if it was our fault that he had been stupid enough not to look.
When we finally got out on the bottom floor, he again tried to snatch the stroller away from me. Stating that: "I was doing it wrong." This, I assume, because I pull the stroller instead of pushing it, since it's impossible for me to use my cane to ensure that there's nothing in the way otherwise.
I again held on to the stroller and told him that I could manage it, but he refused to let go and kept trying to forcibly get me to let go. Brandon stepped in as well and told him that I could take care of things myself, but he had to tell him several times before he finally released his grip and took his filthy hands off my stroller.
When we got to the car I didn't want to give little Peeper to him, so I put him in the car seat myself, and then stepped aside so that he could adjust the seat belt. It only took him a few seconds to fix it and, knowing that he had said that he didn't know how to do it, I was surprised, it usually takes them a while to figure out how it works. I asked him if he had been able to buckle him up safely and, he said "yes, no problem," so I got in the car and, while I was still putting my own seat belt on, he started driving.
As soon as I was done with that, I as usual put my hand on little peeper to make sure that everything was alright and, also to assure him that all was fine and, it only took me a second to realize that the driver had only just put peeper's arms trhough the straps that are suppose to go down over his sholders and buckled on his stomach together with a strap from between his legs. This, however was not done, cause the strap was, as I had noticed earlier, to short and had to be adjusted. I was later told that this is something that has to be done from the back of the car seat somehow, but I couldn't figure out how.
I of course told the driver to stop right away, but he just started arguing that "he had indeed buckled the baby in safely." I can only assume that he thought he'd be able to fool me because I'm blind, but when he realized that I wasn't gonna fall for that. He got out of the car and slammed the door. He came around to peepers side and, started trying to use force to fix the straps, so I took Peeper out of the car seat.
After about 30 seconds, the driver snapped that he couldn't figure out how to do it and, that there had to be something wrong with the "fucking thing". but I could just let Peeper sit in the car seat without a belt, or hold him on mhy lap on the way home.
I got out of the car and, told him to call his boss to see if they could send someone over to help him, or preferably send another cab to pick us up.
Brandon, who only had a vague idea of what was going on, since he doesn't speak enough swedish to pick up that whole conversation yet. Couldn't do much other than take the stroller out of the trunk when I asked him to.
We stood around for a while waiting for the driver to get a hold of someone from the transportation service and, he was fiddling with the car seat the whole time. When he finally got a hold of someone over there, he had apparently figured out how it worked, cause he just said something about that "the parents were a problem and, that they had thought that there was something wrong with the car seat, but he had it figured out now."
He then hung up and turned around and almost yelled:
"Are you going or not?"
I again explained that:
"We would only go if he had fixed the car seat."
He snapped that he had fixed it and, at least this time he was capable of telling the truth and, we got homme without further trouble.
I called the hospital as soon as I got home and, they'll report this incident as well. That's all we can do...
It'll be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow when we're going back for more blood work.
The day I held my little rainbow baby in my arms for the first time, was the happiest day of my life, with the day my first son was born as a close second. I love them equally, but this time, I knew what it meant to be left with empty arms. It has made all the difference. At 7 months my little miracle was diagnosed with bilateral Retinoblastoma, a rare form of eye cancer, which can spread to the: brain, lugns and bones. This is our jurney through happiness, devastation,love and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment